Saturday, October 4, 2014

Bad Books / Kevin Devine / Manchester Orchestra live in Glasgow

I've selected a few pictures I took at the gig on 2/10. It was really hard to take decent pictures (my camera is not a fan of blue and red lights, which made up 98% of the concert unfortunately); also, I'm a crappy photographer but everybody knows that, at least nobody pays me for it so my stunning works of art can enjoy a restricted, faithful (?) audience.

That said, one of my pictures ended up on all social media websites and I guess I'm now living the 15 minutes of fame I've deserved (I might be using some sarcasm here, but I'm not entirely sure).

I am also crap at reviewing stuff so I'm going to keep it short. The concert lasted three hours. Three hours of madness (my recovering leg is still planning its revenge against me). What I liked the most about the gig was the empathy between the musicians on stage, and that's always an extra factor in live music: you enjoy it better when you know they're having fun and not just playing because they're paid for it. If I had to pick my highlight from the gig, that was definitely Brother's Blood played by Kevin Devine & GDB at the end of their set. That said, Kevin rapping and the Brooklyn Boy / Fresh Prince of Bel-Air mash-up were both cracking moments.

Here are the pictures. If any of you wants to use them (just sayin', eh) please give credits to Claudia Viggiano, or @thisiswater_ (both on Twitter and Instragram).



 Bad Books
 


Kevin Devine rapping on stage with Bad Books
(yes, this is the one that was reposted by Kevin himself!)

Kevin Devine and the Goddamn Band

 Manchester Orchestra

Kevin Devine joins Manchester Orchestra on stage for an encore


Cheers!
Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment